Thursday, August 9, 2007

Week #9 Thing #21 Podcasts


For me this was the worst and most unpleasant activity so far for Library 2.0. I spent several hours on yahoo podcasts and I did not find one thing that interest me. I typed in every topic that I even had the slightest interest in and every time I placed a podcast it put me to sleep. I am not an audio person. I do not listen to cd-roms and I will not play any because I always scratch and ruin cd's and my husband gets mad. I don't even like to listen to music nor do I own an ipod or cd player. I used to have a cassette player but it broke and they don't make them anymore. I could see podcasts working for someone who likes to listen to audio, but not me I listen to the radio in the car and that's about it. I also am not into itunes either, because my music is limited to listening to the radio in the car. I could see itunes useful for aerobics instructors making their own music. Maybe if I become a water aerobics instructor, I may have use for it, but since I'm not really into music I would have no idea what songs to even pick. Yes, I still use VHS's because i am afraid that I'll scratch DVD's as I have already ruined one.

I could see kids maybe enjoying podcasts to talk about something they posted on the web or a report, but they would have to ask another teacher for help because audio is not something I enjoy. I also read about Vodcasts. Maybe that's something I'll explore more because I am more a visual person.

3 comments:

Mrs. Vranjes said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear this. When we see each other at the PLDs I will show you how to find them on iTunes. ITunes has "The Library Channel".

Mrs. Vranjes said...

NICE PIC!:)

SLC said...

Everyone has their own strengths. Maybe audio is not yours. You would hate my classes because I like to use music in the media center when its appropriate. Once I had a school pyschologist who had a room close to mine. She asked to be moved because the music drove her crazy. I felt bad about that, but the music went with what I was teaching. Even for the Stanley's party story I had music. The kids loved it.
Now you are very close to done. YEAH!