Sunday, July 8, 2007

Week #4, Thing #8: Learn about RSS feeds and set up a blog reader account

RSS stands for Real Simple Syndication. I set up a Google reader account because I found it to be the easiest to use and the videos actually made sense to me. Each week I say that I am never going to make it through this course because it is getting hard and then I figure it out. I set up feeds to three of my co-workers blogs and also for three authors that i like. I probably will link up more authors and co-workers. I find RSS to be a time saver, because unless I have time to search and remember the URLS for everyone's blog I don't get to read everything and often spend more time reading when I finally do have some free time.

I think RSS can be used in the classroom. If the teacher assigns students to do blogs it makes it easy to check to see that the students are doing the work without having to remember to type in each URL. Google reader is very simple to use. I tried loading webistes to google reader but had problems I'll have to look at it more ro learn how.

1 comment:

New Haven LMTs said...

Hi BMW, It is CV from Kit.

How is summer school going? You are brave; I do not think I would ever want to do that!

I work on this course in intervals, when I start to not understand I walk away. Walking away gives me time to think.

I think it is also hard because we are not doing this during the school year and cannot talk to each other about it.

Hang in there, Week 5 is a "Playing" week.