Saturday, July 21, 2007

Week #6, Thing #13: Learn about Tagging and discover Del.icio.us


This is not going to well. The 12 minute tutorial for Del.icio.us is not working. I keep getting an error message. Then I went and looked at SJLibrarylearnings 2 account.
New tools for learning: workshop resources had a lot of great links even though I don;'t know what some of the terms like Wiki mean yet. I read about the five must powerful social bookmarking services and some interesting comments about Del.icio.us were: that it was the most popular, you could put your tags in alphabetical order, and that it offered what average user needed.

I like the idea that I can save all of my favorite bookmarks and bookmarks that I find useful for the students and not worry about losing them when a computer is upgraded. I tried to set up a del.icio.us account but had problems with user name and password. Maybe i am just too tired so I'll try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

That is a good strategy -- sleep on a problem and try again the next day. That is how I've solved many problems over the years, including high school algebra way back when...

Best wishes.
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager